Intentional Bedtime

We're trying out a new routine at the Balvin household in 2009. Earlier bedtime for the kids.

In the past we started bedtime between 8 and 8:30, which meant the kids weren't fully tucked in, sung to, prayed over, hydrated, and hollered at, until at least 9. That left Stephanie and I only about an hour to try and do all the things we wanted to do before bed.

This year I want to be more intentional with my time at home with the kids. I want to be intentional about playing with them, disciplining them, listening to them, and just being with them. So, we're going to try and start the bedtime routine at 7:30 now. The goal is to spend a half an hour getting on pj's, brushing teeth, reading stories, learning Bible verses, singing, praying and hugging before it is bedtime.

My hope is once the kids get into this routine they will fall asleep quickly, giving Stephanie and I an extra hour of time to do the things we want to do.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest