Leadership Reflections

In the 16 months I've been working as a manager for Target I have learned much about leadership. Here are a few things I want to carry with me as I move on into my new role.

1. Pick your battles wisely
2. Get your hands dirty w/ your team
3. You can almost never over-communicate something
4. Win over your people and they will carry you, hack them off and you fly alone
5. Have concern for your team beyond simply the issues of work
6. Always ask your people, "What can I do for you?"
7. You are not smarter than everyone else
8. Always convey a positive, can-do attitude
9. Be a leader others will want to come to for anything
10. Take a partner...every time
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest