The Plans of Man and the Plans of God

Oftentimes as human beings we think that we all in charge our of lives, and that in order for anything to happen we need to make it so. While hard work is definitely appropriate, we shouldn't underestimate the role of our great God. As I look forward to developing my career I lean on these texts to give me confidence and hope. In doing so I live out the axiom I've adapted from the sayings of a couple pastors I respect.
"Work like it depends on you, and rest like it depends on God."
As I think about all that God has done, and is doing in my life, some verses from Proverbs stand out. I hope these texts can fill you with the same encouragement and hope as they have given me.

The plans of the heart belong to man,
but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord. (16:1)

Commit your work to the Lord,
and your plans will be established. (16:3)

The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps. (16:9)

Many are the plans in the mind of a man,
but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. (19:21)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest