Impatience is Really Pride

Had some pancakes with my buddy Jon yesterday and talked a some life stuff. Good time. One thing we talked about was how often when we feel like we are battling against anger and impatience we are really battling against pride. The source of our anger and impatience is our inner desire to be in complete control and have all things happen the way WE want them to. I think at times, in our prayer, we are treating the wrong symptom. Instead of praying and asking God to help us be more patient, we should be asking him to yank the evil root of selfishness and pride from our hears. When "I" am no longer the center of the universe, and when "MY" desires cease to be paramount, it is must easier to extend mercy and long suffering to the circumstances and people around us.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest