Do Not Quarrel About Words

Last night I was convicted as I read the words of 2 Timothy 2:14,
14 Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.
I can remember a time when I was busy arguing about words in the Bible, instead of considering what the conversation was doing to edify the people around me. I am embarrassed about that now, especially since the Lord has opened my eyes to the error of my previous way of thinking.

James says the tongue is like a wild fire, which, if not contained, will spread rapidly consuming the life of everything in it's path. How sad it is when wild fire rages through the church, the very place that is supposed to be free of such destruction.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest