Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What Am I Aiming At?

Don't know who said it first but the axiom remains, "If you aim at nothing, you will hit nothing."

Aiming at nothing is sort of the way I would describe my life right now. Then again, maybe I'm simply reacting to the weather and the fact it was cold and damp outside pretty much all day. The truth is that I've been nagged since this morning with an inner dullness; nothing to be too happy about, no deep passion burning a hole in my soul. It bothers me.

Passion. Purpose. Fulfillment. Deep satisfaction. Achievement. Significance. Impact.

These are not the adjectives of a life made up of activities such as work, watching TV/sports, eating, and sleeping. Yet that is the routine of my life right now. God I need to break out into something else.
Post a Comment