It is Hard to be a Dad

There is nothing like children to reveal the depths of your depravity.

I never knew myself to be so impatient until I became a father. The daily push and pull sometimes drives me insane. The behavior that too often comes out and is directed at my children is immature and sinful. I am not so demanding and power hungry with others. Why would I be that way with the tender hearts that I love so much? I hate it in me.

Then there are Scriptures like these that haunt me,
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. - Eph. 6:4

Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. - Col. 3:21
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest