No More Free Cable

Recently I told someone that I didn't want to do something anymore because I didn't think it was 'right' to continue doing it. A couple days later I heard back from that same individual accusing me of holding a double standard of what was right and wrong based on the fact that I was getting cable TV at our house without paying for it.

At first I was upset because I felt like I was being picked on and persecuted because I didn't support the actions of this other person. However, the more I thought about it the more I came to realize that no matter where the criticism came from, it was valid. I was being inconsistent. I also remembered the words of Scripture that warn followers of Christ that they will be persecuted for doing right. That thought made me slightly glad that I had been 'called out.'

So today I called the cable company and told them free cable was coming into our house and that I would like to pay for the service. I'm sure they thought I was nuts for admitting something like that but I don't care. I want to be consistent in my beliefs and my actions. There are enough Christian hypocrites and my witness to this person is too important to me than keeping free cable TV.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest