Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Surprise Me God Update

We're a little over one week into our Surprise Me God experiment at church. I haven't had any life altering things happen yet, but I have seen several small examples of God's faithfulness in my life.
  • A friend was available Wednesday to join me for some very spontaneous coffee and conversation.
  • Our interest rate went down 1% meaning Stephanie can won't need to substitute teach quite as much each month.
  • Monday morning, after feeling exasperate dealing with the children, Stephanie cried out loud, "Surprise me God!" and immediately the phone rang with a substitute teaching opportunity for the day.
  • I experienced a higher level of calm and contentment at work than I normally do during the course of the weekend.
Each day we're asking (and looking) for God to surprise us in ways both big and small.

Why don't you try it?
Post a Comment