2010 Goals: Running and Bible Reading

I set a few goals for myself this year. One of them was to run another marathon. Well last week I registered for the Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN on June 19. I haven't been running but I'm looking forward to start training in early February. The kids are excited because while Daddy is out beating the pavement and hurting himself they will be having a blast at the Edgewater Resort and Waterpark.

Another goal I had for 2010 was to read through the entire Bible. So far things are going well. I've had to take a couple days to read big sections so that I can stay on pace, but I am really enjoying it. I'm following a reading plan from YouVersion which is sweet because it lets me follow my plan and track my completion both online and on my phone (its pretty cool always having your Bible with you when its an app on your phone).

Here's some info on the plan I'm following:
M'Cheyne
This is the classic plan, designed by Robert Murray M'Cheyne (1813—1843), the well-remembered Scottish minister who died before his 30th birthday. The plan has readings for every day of the year and will take you once through the Old Testament and twice through the Psalms and the New Testament.(HT: Desiring God)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest