Get Your Butt in Church!

I mentioned a couple days ago that Stephanie and I went back to a church we hadn't been to in awhile. Yesterday I got a call from a friend there who wanted to check-in with me and see where our family was at, and to encourage us/hold us accountable to be at church regularly.

I thought it was really cool that this guy had the guts to reach out and challenge me (albeit in a very humble, kind way). I hung up thinking, "That is what church family is all about," and it brought to mind Hebrews 10:24-25 which teaches believers,
"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
Thanks for following the prompting of the Spirit, and the teaching of the Word of God, brother.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest