Should Kids be in Adult Church?

I have long wrestled with the idea of incorporating kids in a Sunday church service. I remember many long Sundays as a kid sitting in a chair playing games and drawing pictures on the bulletin while the pastor spoke. Now that I have my own family I realize how distracting kids can be for myself and the people around me.

Also, I really don't think it is fair to expect a child to sit still and listen to a 30 minutes talk. In fact I think it is those kids of experiences which make kids grow up to think church is boring, torturous, and irrelevant. I believe kids and parents alike deserve the opportunity to learn and praise in styles that are age-appropriate. Family worship and devotion can happen with less structure outside of the Sunday morning experience.

Here's a fun video illustrating my thoughts:
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest