Thoughts on Tiger Woods

Tiger Woods tees off today at The Masters golf tournament.

If you don't know the story of Tiger Woods that has unfolded over the last 4 months then you have been living on another planet (or in Utah). Anyway, this is the first tournament Tiger has played in a long time and if I was working this weekend I'd be excitedly glued to the TV watching.

Like most people I was shocked when the news about Tiger's car accident, and the subsequent stories of his infidelity started to surface. However I'm at a point now where I'm ready to leave it behind and start cheering for him as a professional athlete again.

Tiger is not my role model. Tiger is not my example of masculinity and what a great husband looks like. He is not the one I worship and follow. He is an athlete. And in the end he is a depraved sinner just like me, who unfortunately happened to have his sins exposed to the entire world.

I hope Tiger wins this weekend. But more importantly, I hope he wins the battle for his wife and their children. And ultimately I hope he brought home into a relationship with Jesus Christ, our true example of masculinity, faithfulness, and love.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest