The Lord Told Me

There's a phrase in Christian circles that freaks me out. It is the that phrase begins with the words "The Lord told me.....". I've been a part of way too many crazy conversations with people telling me that the Lord told them to do this or that and I'm thinking to myself, "Seriously?"

Now, I believe the Lord speaks to his people, but there's a huge red flag that goes up whenever "the Lord told me" card gets played. I often think of the verse 1 John 4:1, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." There are false prophets in the church, wolves another verse calls them (Mt 7:15, Acts 20:29), who you fancy words and the strength of an appeal to God's direction to lead innocent sheep to slaughter.

God does speak. But we are called to be discerning. Test the spirits. Beware of wolves.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest