Homecoming Dress or Street Walker Uniform?

Saturday night was homecoming night in the town where I work. As I was working that evening many of the high schoolers came into my retail store. An observation: I was absolutely shocked at some of the dresses the teenage girls where wearing! A coworker and I were talking about the 'lack of material' used in these dresses and the messages those kinds of outfits send to the boys they are at the dance with. Not to mention - what the HECK are mom's and dad's thinking buying these dresses?!?! DAD's COME ON! You gotta be there setting the standard for what is beautiful and what is acceptable. There is no way my daughter is going to a dance dressed like that, even if I have to out her in the car and drive her to Texas over homecoming weekend.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest