Monday, October 04, 2010

Jacob and Dad at the Gun Range

I shared a wonderful experience with my son Jacob yesterday.

I brought Jacob along with me to a farm outside of Northfield while my neighbor and I did some shooting at clay pigeons. I didn't know exactly how it would go, but Jacob did a fantastic job. He wore his own set of ear plugs and he ran around picking up all the empty shell cartridges, starting his very own 'collection.' Jacob even got to fire a couple shots. The owner of the farm where we were shooting brought out a small .410 and helped Jacob fire a couple shots. Jacob thought that was pretty cool.

I taught Jacob a few lessons on gun safety and the importance of being extra careful around guns. He was a great listener and he put is new lessons into action. I was very pleased with his behavior.

And when we got home we were able to enjoy some amazing chili that Stephanie had made. It was a great day.
Post a Comment