Hair Spray, a Lighter, and Daniel 3

Tonight at church I had the children reenact the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego being thrown into the fiery furnace due to their refusal to worship an idol instead of God (Daniel 3).

Jacob, Izzy and Andrew got to play the main roles. They were great and all the kids really listened and enjoyed the story. My goal was to teach them the importance of fearing God rather than man. We've been looking at Malachi 1:14 which says,

For I am a great King, says the Lord of hosts, and my name is to be feared among the nations.

As a visual aid representing the heat of the furnance I brought in a lighter and a bottle of hairspray to create my own little torch. The children absolutely loved it; now I'm just hoping I will not have to face to many angry parents next Sunday at service!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest