Skip to main content

If You Can't Figure Out Pants - Keep Them On!

At the retail store I manage I see all kinds of people. One of the people types that bothers me the most is the 20-something dude, pushing around a stroller, who can't figure out how to keep his pants secured over his underwear and around his waist. It absolutely drives me nuts that guys like this are allowed to have and take care of children.
Am I stereotyping - yes.

Do I really think there should be some kind of law that prevents people from having or raising kids - no.
But come on. Look into the future with me. What happens to that kid in the stroller? What will home life look like for the kid whose Daddy stills rides his skateboard around the driveway and spends his Saturday nights drinking beer and playing Halo. Who will read to that kid? Who will teach him about courage and humility and chivalry.

What really ticks me off is the fact that young women allow themselves to get sucked into relationships with these dummies. It is not the girls I'm ticked off at, because it is likely their dads and their upbringing that are at the root of their problems. I just wish the girls who become mommies way to young would be more wise about how they find the love they are looking for and that they would do more to protect themselves from the lies and desires of young men.

Ladies, if a guy can't figure out how to wear pants he will not be able to figure out how to be a great daddy! Run away from these dudes. You are too beautiful and have way to much to offer a real man. Don't look for the false love that is thrown at you. You're worth more than any guy in a pair of dotted boxers (I know they're dotted because I can see them as a I walk behind you) could ever afford.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

Yesterday I threw out a poll question on my Facebook and Twitter pages.  The poll question asked, "Should Christians wear attire with skulls on it?"  I received some great comments from people with a variety of opinions.  You can read the comments on my timeline from 8/8/13.

My opinion is that Christians should not wear clothes with skulls on them.

I don't have one specific Bible verse that I can use to prove my point.  Jesus never said, "Thou shalt not wear clothes with skulls."  I do however think there are number of conclusions that can be drawn from Scripture that support my opinion.

1.  Jesus does care about the clothes we wear.
I don't believe God's people are free to wear whatever they want.  From the Old Testament all the way through the New Testament you can find Biblical language related to clothes.  There are laws in Leviticus about clothes.  God instructed the OT priests on what to wear don't believe God's people are free to wear wh…

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Yesterday Stephanie and I celebrated 15 years of marriage! 
To kick off the festivities, on Wednesday afternoon Stephanie bought a new car from Harry Browns in Faribault. She said good goodbye to the minivan and bought a 2014 Dodge Journey. She picked out a great new vehicle and her dad Ralph channeled his inner New Yorker to haggle us a great price.
We started the day Thursday driving to St. Peter to pick up Isabelle from the "Gustie" Basketball and Leadership camp. She spent 4 days there learning, practicing and having a blast. We celebrated together as a family with some Godfather's Pizza!
After getting back to Northfield I dropped the kids off at some friend's houses so Stephanie and I could be alone together. Having great friends who help with the kids is such a blessing. 
Stephanie had the idea that we should get tattoos together. She didn't have to work hard to convince me! After asking for recommendations on Facebook we decided to check out  Guns and Nee…

Lessons from Mt Everest

It would be great is life was all fun and easy and exciting like glissading down a mountain side.  However life is actually much more like climbing up the mountain.  It is difficult, painful, dangerous and exhilarating all wrapped up into one.
Last Sunday I preached at a church in Northfield and I shared some thoughts about this.  I compared lessons I've learned studying mountain climbing to lessons I've learned living life.  Here are the five things I talked about, along with some accompanying Bible verses.
1. You have to have a goal and you have to work hard towards achieving it, sometimes for a long time ---> Jer 29:10-14  2. You have to expect setbacks (injury, weather, enemies, catastrophe) and roll with them ----> 2 Cor 4:8-10  3. You have to push yourself beyond what you thought possible ----> Phil 4:13  4. In most cases, you need others to help you (guides, logistics, cheerleaders, friends, expedition leader) ----> Heb 10:15   5. You have to acknowledg…