Sunday, February 20, 2011

Calm in the Midst of the Unemployment Storm

This morning at church our Pastor shared some words about living a dangerous life for Christ.  He said we should be dangerous to evil and dangerous for Jesus.  He read the story in Matthew 8:23-27 about Jesus waking up on a boat and rebuking the wind and waves of a storm.  In the story Jesus turns to his followers and asks them why they are so worried about the storm they are in.  He says to them, "Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?"

The Spirit spoke to me at that moment and gave me comfort about my job search.  As I seek employment there are many 'winds and waves' that swirl around me and bring me anxiety.  Things like bills, groceries, questions from others, lack of interviews - these are all things that worry me.  However, as I heard the Bible preached today, I was reminded once again that I am in the hands of an Almighty and Great God, who has all the necessary resources available to Him, and who can, in an instant, command peace in the midst of a storm. 
Post a Comment