Strength for Today

On Tuesday I met my friend Jon and his kids at the Mall of America for Toddler Tuesday.  I had a meeting Monday night that didn't go quite as I planned or hoped and Jon came to help me process my feelings and get moving forward.  It was a really great of him to do that.  I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating, a Christian brother/sister is critical in growing in your walk with Jesus.

One of the things Jon shared with me was the importance of focusing on 'one day at a time' instead of worrying about what will happen during the next 4 weeks, 4 months, or 4 years.  When it comes to changing routines, stopping habits, or breaking addictions focusing too much on the future can be detrimental and demoralizing. 

Instead, the goal should be to focus on making it through today without giving-in or giving-up.  What is critical to remember is that Jesus is always there to offer 'strength for today.'  Getting stuck worrying about tomorrow only takes up energy that should be used to make it 'one more day' in the right direction.  And the amazing thing that happens is suddenly you will wake up and look backward at all the time that has gone by and the progress that has been made.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest