Obedience Brings Blessing

One of the worst parts of parenting is when your discipline of a child ends up feeling like a punishment for you as the parent.

Yesterday Andrew had some trouble being obedient and so I made the decision to not let him play with his best buddy outside that afternoon.  It was the only consequence I could think of that might help him focus on making better choices.  However yesterday ended up being a beautiful afternoon for playing outside.  So, Andrew and I were both stuck inside 'feuding' with one another instead of being outside having fun.  It made for a not-so-fun afternoon as you could imagine.

Thinking over the situation today I'm reminded of how my heavenly Father works.  He desires to give me god gifts, and yet I remove myself from the place of blessing when I choose to live in ways that go against his desires for my life.  In arrogant, selfish foolishness I go my own direction and in doing so I forfeit the things that are best for me.  Obedience leads to blessing and joy in God.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest