Circumcision Ban?

Justin Buzzard linked to an article on his blog yesterday regarding the fight of a group in San Francisco to ban circumcision.  Why would they do that you might ask?
"Parents are really guardians, and guardians have to do what's in the best interest of the child. It's his body. It's his choice," said Lloyd Schofield, the measure's lead proponent and a longtime San Francisco resident, who said the cutting away of the foreskin from the penis is a more invasive medical procedure than many new parents or childless individuals realize.
I find this answer from Lloyd Schifield very ironic.  Admittedly, I do not know this for sure, but I assume (and I'm willing to take the risk here) that the same people who want to outlaw circumcision would have no problem supportting the idea that a mother has a right to choose an abortion.  The irony is that they are concerned about the 'pain' of a quick surgical skin removal, and yet they have a complete disregard for the pain a fetus goes through when being killed during an abortion.

My two cents.  You can read the entire article here. Circumcision Ban to Appear on San Francisco Ballet
3 comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest