Having Your Eyes Opened to See

On Sunday my family and I were visiting some friends in Owatonna.  At some point in the conversation my friend talked about a building that was being built along a familiar stretch of the interstate.  I had never seen it, and I didn't even know the building was there before we talked.

As we were driving home I was looking out of the car window at a rainbow in the sky.  Then, all of a sudden, I noticed the building my friend had referenced earlier that day.  I've driven the road hundreds of time and never seen that building, and the same day I am told it exists, I see it.

Faith in Jesus is a lot like that.  You don't always know how much Jesus is working in your life until someone else comes along and opens your eyes to his presence.  It is quite easy to plod along thinking God is distant, or to feel confused about what He is doing.  Then, all of a sudden, you read a Bible verse that hits your heart, or you hear a song on the radio and you can instantly see clearly that Jesus is near.

Let me be a help to you today.  Jesus is alive and he is near to you.  Look around and you will see him everywhere!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest