Wednesday, July 20, 2011

An Experience of the Provision of God

Wow Jesus Christ is so amazing!

Today I spent 15 minutes in my car on lunch break with my seat tilted back, my eyes closed, and my heart & mind in prayer.  I was feeling stressed out.  Due to a bit of a gap between my being hired and actually receiving my first couple paychecks, I didn't know how we were going to make it through July and August financially.

In my prayer I told Jesus how I was feeling and I asked him to provide for our needs.  I thanked him for all he has given us during the last 6 months and I asked him to show up again.  Then I declared that no matter what I was trusting in him.  I claimed the words of David in the Psalms when he wrote, "I would have despaired if I did not believe that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  I stood up on those words and choose belief over despair.

When I got home today I was still feeling kind of down about this.  However, as I started going through the stack of envelopes that had piled up on the counter I quickly found myself in the middle of God's grace and a miracle.  I opened a letter from Stephanie's teaching retirement account people and discovered we were getting a refund check.  Then I opened a letter from Wells Fargo and found another refund check from an escrow overage.  To top it off, Stephanie had deposited a check today that she received for summer basketball coaching that was higher than we expected.

One 15 minute prayer at lunchtime was answered by 3 completely unexpected revenue streams.  Praise God.  "Knock and it will be opened, seek and you will find, ask and you will receive."  Grab hold of that promise!
Post a Comment