Izzy's ABC Prayer of Salvation

On Sunday night the daily devotional book I was reading to the kids told a story about a father who pulled his car over to the side of the road in a response to a warning light that was illuminated in the dashboard.  His kids wanted to ignore the warning and get to grandma's house, but he reminded them of the importance to responding to warnings right away.

The story illustrated the concept of Hebrews 2:3 which says, "how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation?"  The point was: if God is tugging at your heart don't ignore it because you don't know what will happen to you if you delay response to the warning light of the Holy Spirit.

After reading the story I asked the kids if any of them felt like God was telling them something.  Izzy said yes and so we all read through the little guide on the back page of the booklet that outlines the ABCs of response to God.
A= Admit you are a sinner
B= Believe Jesus died for your sins and was raised again
C= Choose to accept Jesus forgiveness and obey His Word
I asked Izzy if she wanted to pray through those letters and she said yes!  Stephanie joined us in the room and we prayed we Isabelle.  I led her in a repeat after me type prayer and she admitted her sins, believed in Jesus, and said she was choosing to follow him!  It was all pretty cool and I was so happy for her responding in that way.  I pray that the Lord would continue to grow inside of her and draw her closer to himself each day.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest