Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family Movie Night - Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn TreaderF

We had a great family night this evening. We kicked off the night with breakfast for dinner (pancakes, bacon, and eggs). Then we carved pumpkins. The kids were asking about it all day, but Stephanie spend more time working on the pumpkins than anyone else. Then we cuddled up on the coach and watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

I was very impressed with the movie. I continue to be amazed at the skill in which C.S. Lewis was able to weave Biblical truth into creative story-telling. Multiple times during the movie I was forced to contemplate temptations to idolatry and sin. Other times I was moved to tears thinking of the character Aslan as a representation of Jesus Christ. So cool. I know the kids didn't comprehend the depth of the themes in the film, but as we watched I tried to talk through some things with them and explain what Lewis was trying to teach through his writing.
Post a Comment