Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Faith Conversations With My Kids

Last night the kids and I drove down to Albert Lea, MN to watch Stephanie coach the Northfield Girls Basketball team.  Stephanie has been a coach with the team for the last five years and the kids and I absolutely love going to games, cheering on Stephanie and the girls, and playing around in the different schools.  Some of the girls have been playing on Stephanie's teams for all five years now and it has been really cool to watch them grow.

However, the real highlight last night (along with a 61-40 NHS win) was the conversation I had with the kids during the hour long drive home.  I had a cool opportunity to talk about Christian faith things with my kids.  They were asking me questions about Christmas, Jesus, Satan, heaven, hell, angels, and all other sorts of topics.  I was grateful to God that his Holy Spirit was stirring the hearts and minds of my kids.  I was challenged to answer their questions in words they could understand and I pray that I planted seeds of faith (1 Cor. 3:6) in their hearts that will continue to grow and sprout into a love and commitment to Jesus Christ.
Post a Comment