God has gifted you and placed you where you are for a reason; minister right where you are.
I work in the retail environment. Some days I get caught thinking that my job is a drag. Each day brings the same drama and challenges of working with people and 'selling stuff.' I need to remember that God has placed me where I am for a purpose, and that there are people all around me who need the love of Jesus in their lives.
Here's a brief list of some of the pain the people around me are facing:
- single mom who son is often sick
- mother whose daughter has an incurable skin disease that causes intense pain
- parents whose daughter is teen suicidal and on many medications
- multiple women whose spouse/boyfriend abuses them
- 18 year old raising her sister's 4 year old
- more than one person with "serious" problems at home
- mom of 2 whose boyfriend won't help care for the kids
- a guy with heart problems
And the list goes on and on. My job isn't just selling stuff. My job is showing the love and compassion of Jesus to the people around me, in the hope that I will be afforded the opportunity to tell of my faith in Him.