Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Kids and Conversations About College

Yesterday as we were driving home from church I was talking with the kids about what college they were going to go to when they get older.  I'm trying to put the bug in their ear so they have something to pursue as they get older.  No idea how I'll pay for it, but that doesn't matter right now.  So I have fun with it.

I told Andrew he was going to go to Colorado College so he could hike, climb, ski, and snowboard in the Rocky Mountains.  He was pumped about that.  Then he asked if he could life with me for 2 more days first, and if we could live in the car.  I said sure.  Then he said to his siblings, "I'm going to go to Colorado College, and I'm going to get a girlfriend there, and kiss her right on the lips!"  It was hilarious.





Next I told Izzy she was going to Notre Dame.  I say this all the time.  For some reason last night her eyes got moist and I could her a quiver in her voice as she said, "I don't want to go to college.  All you do there is walk around and chat."  She was so mad about people just chatting.






Jacob was last.  I told him he'd be living at home with us and attending St. Olaf.  He was completely fine with it and said, "Ok, and then I'll be the St. Olaf starting QB."  He is more and more sports all the time, and I love it.
Post a Comment