Monday, February 13, 2012

Pursuing Righteousness After the Retreat is Over

Yesterday I warned all the students at the youth retreat that the return to "real life" would be tough.  After such a fun and meaningful weekend, there can be a real emotional let down when you get back into regular activities.

It is no different for the speaker.  I have to reintroduce myself to home as well.  This morning I forgot that I had a monthly leadership meeting and I was an hour late.  Then I had a ton of work to do, complete with all kinds of people problems, and I could feel a negative, bitter attitude starting up inside me.

I went into the bathroom to take a deep breath and the Holy Spirit brought a theme verse from the retreat to my mind. "So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart."  (2 Timothy 2:22)  Focusing on these words and what they mean helped me to calm down and they gave me a sense of purpose for the rest of my day - which slowly got better and better.

Thanks be to God and his Word!
Post a Comment