Balvin Family Hockey Hysteria


Despite the fact that unseasonably warm weather threatened to ruin our indoor activity plans, I took Stephanie and the kids on a hockey trip.  We stated the day at the Hockey Expo in St. Paul.  The expo is such a fun time because you get to walk from booth to booth getting all kinds of freebies, playing games and checking out the latest and greatest in hockey equipment and training.  All three kids came home with bags full of posters, key chains, mini hockey sticks, and water bottles.

After the Expo we drove to Minneapolis for the U of M Women's Hockey game.  My friend Brad Frost is the coach and the Gophers were playing the National Tournament Quarterfinals against North Dakota.  It was a very fun time.  The kids got to sit right on the glass, and they even made it onto the jumbo screen once or twice.  It was also fun because some friends from college were at the game with their families.  I think we'll probably go back to a game or two next season.

After the game we had a big dinner at a Mexican food place in Apple Valley before coming home to watch the last two periods of the MN Boy's State Hockey Tournament Championship.  Congratulations to Benilde St. Margaret's on the victory.  It was an exciting game and an exciting season for the Red Knights.

Overall it was a fantastic day of Hockey Hysteria for the family.  My basketball coach wife was a good sport and the kids seemed to have a fun day.  Plus I was able to snap this picture of me in a mock locker for my favorite high school team.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest