High School Hockey Tournament Time

I am so excited for tomorrow night.  Stephanie got me two tickets to the MN Boys High School Hockey Tournament.  I am bringing Jacob for a night of father/son bonding at the Xcel Center.  He was so excited tonight as we did prayers; he had this huge smile on his face and his enthusiasm only added to my own.

The hockey tournament always brings back warm memories for me.  Standing around the lobby watching games during lunch in Junior High, staying home from school just to watch the games on TV and play hockey on the rink my dad built us, getting to stay up late with my mom glued to the overtime thrillers that went late into the night (anyone remember that Duluth East/Apple Valley game?), and heading down to St. Paul to take in the games in person.  And I don't want to leave out Cossetta's pizza or the yearly Hockey Expo.

I've brought the family to the Expo the last two years, but this will be Jacob's first experience at the actually games.  We'll be cheering for our favorite high school team (next to Northfield) - the Edina Hornets!  I'm also praying that God will use this time to bond Jacob's and my heart ever closer, and that I can imprint on him my love, and also the love of his Heavenly Father.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest