Over the course of two years I've learned a few things about what makes a tweet good or bad. These 5 tips, from Jason Fell, are a great introduction to some of the do's and don'ts of great tweets.
- Offer context in tweets. Don't be cryptic.
- Include personal commentary -- especially if you retweet a news source.
- Don't over-stuff tweets with hashtags and @ mentions. Consider direct messaging someone over @ messaging them.
- Don't whine or complain. Happy sentiments, the report says, are valued more than negative tweets.
- If you ask a question, use a hashtag so you and your followers can track the conversation.
How about you? What do you like, not-like while reading tweets?