5 Verses to Use in Your Battle Against Satan
Ephesians 6:17 says that the Bible is the 'sword of the Spirit.' As Christians we are in a spiritual battle everyday with an enemy who wants to kill us. The promises of God found in the Bible are the primary weapon we have for defeat in our enemy. Below are five verses that Pastor John Piper has relied on in his battle against Satan. Read more here.
1. "Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" (Isaiah 41:10)
I have slain more dragons in my soul with that sword than any other I think. It is a precious weapon to me.
2. "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32).
How many times I have been persuaded in the hour of trial by this verse that the reward of disobedience could never be greater than "all things."
3. "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me . . . And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18, 20).
How many times have I strengthened my sagging spirit with the assurance that the Lord of heaven and earth is just as much with me today as he was with the disciples on earth!
4. "Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you and you shall glorify me" (Psalm 50:15).
What makes this weapon so compelling is that God’s helping me is made the occasion of my glorifying him. Amazing arrangement. I get the help, he gets the glory!
5. "My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).
The context is financial and material. But the principle is total. What we really need (not just want) will be granted. And what is need? Need is what we must have to do God’s will. What we must have to magnify our Savior. That is what we will be given as we trust him.