Winding down after a couple crazy days of Christmas celebrations. Sunday night at the neighbors, yesterday at my in-laws house, and today we hosted my family here in Northfield. The following are a some memories I don't want to forget.
- So full from the food! Meatballs, shrimp, taco dip, authentic Italian spaghetti, jalapeño poppers, stuffed mushrooms, cheese and summer sausage, cookies, monkey bread, and mini hotdogs!
- Finding Andrew's DSi3D under the front seat of the van. It had been missing for 3 weeks!
- Going sledding at St. Olaf and watching my brother-in-law from Guatemala sled for the first time.
- Taking the kids ice skating at the neighborhood rink.
- Playing Farkle with the neighbors.
- Playing the card game Wizard with my family.
- Watching The Inn Keeper with the kids before opening gifts.
- Andrew asking to say the Lord's Prayer before lunch today.
- Seeing the shock and delight in Stephanie's eyes when she opened "Santa's" gift today.
- Watching the kids play with their cousins.
- Presents, presents, presents!
- Jacob: a Wii and some games, Notre Dame over-sized slippers, Drew Brees jersey, a few stuffed animals and Legos, Northfield stocking hat
- Izzy: lots of owl stuff, some cute clothes, an Amazon Kindle, iPod Nano, a necklace, an easel and some art supplies
- Andrew: baseball glove, Legos, Eli Manning jersey, stuffed animal, a police truck and a Dream Light, DSi3D stuff
- Stephanie: IPad!!!! Coach purse, gift cards, spa certificate.
- Brenton: a drill, a Keurig machine, Notre Dame t-shirts/coffee mug/stocking hat, coffee gift cards
I have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed our family in a multitude of ways, and the greatest of those blessings is the giving of his Son Jesus to take my place of punishment so that I could be restored back to God.