Quotes About the Bible


Found some quotes about the Bible on an old piece of scratch paper that I think are helpful as I go through 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting with the people at my church.

John Calvin
"The Word of God is not to teach us to prattle or be eloquent and subtle....It is to reform our lives, so that we desire to serve God, to give ourselves entirely to him, and to conform ourselves to his good will."

D.L. Moody
"The Bible was not given to increase our knowledge but to change our lives."

John Ortberg
"The goal is not for us to get all the way through the Bible, the goal is to get the Bible all the way through us."

Mark Driscoll
"Our goal is not to change Scripture but allow Scripture to change us."
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest