1. Get so busy providing for them that you don’t have time for them.Agree with the Pearls parenting methods or not, many of the things this article discusses are important for parents to think about. Michael Pearl raises a very high bar for parents and putting his ideas into practices involves much intentionality and sacrifice. See the explanation for point #5.
2. Set a bad example.
3. Expressing displeasure regularly.
4. Not enforcing boundaries.
5. Leaving them to choose their friends.
6. Finally, you can destroy your children by not giving them any responsibility or holding them accountable.
However, if we believe that children are a gift from God and that we as their parents will give account for how we raised them, then we must spend time counting the cost of our current parenting strategies, or lack thereof. We must become more intentional about the outcomes we hope to achieve through our parenting methods, and we must move into the future fueled by prayer and the knowledge that the Holy Spirit is with us helping us along.