Jesus Is....


At the youth retreat last weekend I planned to ask the students to write out one paragraph about who Jesus is and what he means to them. This was going to be a short exercise to help the students prepare to share their faith in a humble and personal with other people who might ask them.

1 Peter 3:15 is the backdrop for the exercise.
"..but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,"
Unfortunately there was a blizzard in the forecast and the retreat wrapped up a few hours earlier.  So I decided to share with you here what I wrote for myself:
Jesus Christ is my Savior, my Leader, and my Friend. I know I mess up all the time, even when I don't want to, and that those mess-ups separate me from God. Jesus died on the cross and paid the penalty for my sins. He made a way back to God that I could never make. And now Jesus guides me each day. I trust him to meet all my needs and I know he is making me a better person each day until I meet him in heaven.

Your turn ----->  I'd love to read your paragraph in the comments if you're willing.  


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest