Losing Your Purpose Leads to Burnout


This afternoon I attended a seminar at Bethel University called Work Matters.  The goal of the seminar was to encourage a conversation around the importance of eliminating the sacred/secular division on the marketplace and to help people begin to see themselves as ministers in whatever workplace God has called them to.  I took many notes that I hope to share here soon.

I like this paragraph from a blog post written by one of the event organizers.
Part of burnout is losing track of your purpose. Now you’re working harder and harder, faster and faster for that which is seemingly more and more meaningless,” said Jeff Van Duzer, dean of Seattle Pacific University’s business school and author of Why Business Matters to God: And What Still Needs to Be Fixed. If only we could truly believe that what we do is “part of the architecture of God’s kingdom,” this would be a tonic more invigorating than any shot of Five-Hour Energy!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest