Making Memories with Jacob


I am taking Jacob to the Minnesota Boys High School Hockey Tournament today.

I can't wait to spend  the day with my first born son.  Thanks to the generosity of a friend, this is the second year in a row we've had the chance to go down to Saint Paul and watch the games.  Each year is more and more fun as Jacob learns and loves the game of hockey.  Who knows, maybe some day he'll even want to play...check that - maybe some day I'll LET him play!

The plan is to watch the two morning games (go Edina Hornets!), before grabbing some pizza at Cossetta's and heading over to watch Tornado Alley at the MN Science Museum.  After that it's back to the Xcel Energy Centre for the 6pm game and some evening nachos.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to spend one-on-one time and invest in my son.  He's at such a formative age right now and I don't want to waste any opportunities to affirm him and build into him as a young man. Going to an event like this gives us the chance to connect around something we both love and it acts like a special bonding agent for our hearts.

If you're at the games I'd love to say hi.  Stop by section 116, row 10, unless Edina loses.  Then leave me alone.  :)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest