Wednesday, June 05, 2013

School's Out for Summer

Another school year in the books, so to speak.

Another year filled with joys, struggles, friendships, fights, homework, homeroom, hot lunches, cold lunches, forgotten lunches, lost papers, great papers, waking up, sleeping in, and rushing to make it on time.

Hard to believe I now have a 1st grader, a 3rd grader, and a 4th grader in my house.

It is amazing how different each one of my kids are as students.  School is difficult for my oldest, a breeze for my middle child, and a great holiday of playfulness and enjoyment for my youngest.  I was always a good student.  School was easy for me, so now I am trying to figure out how to be a support and encouragement to my oldest when he struggles grasping concepts.

I'm grateful for my kids teachers last year.  They have a big task each year, and they did a good job teaching the kids in 2012-2013.  I can't even begin to imagine how difficult, exhausting and trying it is to get 20 young kids focus, eight hours a day.  Hats off to them.

Now the summer begins.

Time for grilling, baseball, swimming, trips to the zoo, playing with neighbors, taking some trips, sleeping in, getting up too early, playing legos, taking bike rides, rollerblading, kites, hikes, and sleepovers.  Let the craziness begin!
Post a Comment