Thanks for Being a Part of My Journey

Yesterday I shared a very personal post about how I feel when I'm struggling with depression.  I received lots of encouragement and support on Twitter and Facebook from friends who understand and have gone through some of the same things.  Thank you.

It is amazing how much different the journey is from one day to the next.  Today was a great day, despite the rain.  Maybe it was because I got the chance to hold a bunch of babies today.  It might also be because I was with some of my church family, or because I played baseball with my boys, or because I cleaned out the garage, or because I donated a bunch of clothes, or because I finally made the phone call and had the conversation (separate events) that I've been putting off.

The Bible says that God's mercies are new each morning.  This is such a wonderful promise to the person who is feeling down.  Tomorrow is a new day to start again fresh.  The troubles and sorrows of today don't have to be drug along like an emotional ball and chain slowing us down.  "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

People sometimes ask me why blog.  Sometimes I wonder myself.  Why would anyone care what I think or feel?  Blogging is a way for me to dump out the junk that is weighing me down.  Bringing it into the light frees me up, lightens my load, and invites others into the depths of my life to offer support and prayers.  Of course blogging can't replace intimate friendship and Christian confession, but it does provide and immediate outlet that breaks some of the power of hidden pains.

Thanks for being part of my life and journey!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest