Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Biography You MUST Read

I have been reading an ebook biography about a Scottish pastor named Robert Murray M'Cheyne.  He was a pastor in the 1800s and only lived until he was 30 years old.  I have enjoyed reading the biography so much and I have been so energized in my walk with Jesus by reading about the passion and love of M'Cheyne for Christ and for the churches he pastored in.

Pastor M'Cheyne was not born again until he was a teenager, and as a pastor he never lost his amazement of the moment he went from death to life.  He was a tireless preacher of the Gospel and was constantly moved by the urgent need for men and women to be born again and saved from their sin.  I am struck by the commitment of a man so young to the study and application of Scripture, as well as to the seriousness and gravity that consumed his life.  Pastor M'Cheyne was a unique kind of man who was beloved by many, and yet he never skirted around or backed down from a chance to plainly call sinners to repentance.

I look forward to finishing the book and sharing more quotes and observations.  I cannot recommend highly enough this book, and you can download it for free right now!
Post a Comment