Friday, August 01, 2014

11 Things You Should Know About Introverts (and Me!)

My neighbor and pal Megan Kraby shared this blog post with me on Facebook.  She read it and said many of things written reminded her of me.  I clicked through to the post, read it myself, and felt like I could have personally written all 11 points.  If you're interested in learning more about introverts and how they function you should read the complete post

Here's a few highlight of some things that resonated with me the most. 

- I try to avoid situations where I feel that way, so I may decline your open invitation to some random event. It doesn’t mean I don’t like to be around you, it just means I like to have more control over my surroundings.

- I can turn it on to dazzle a crowd, but if you take me out for lunch afterwards, I’ll probably just listen to you talk.

-Did I get quiet? Do I have a mean look on my face? I’m not judging you; I’m just wrapped up in my thoughts with my [crabby]-resting-face on.

- When you have a strong monologue constantly running in the background, it is pretty easy to settle-in and listen for a while. I have to work through things in my head before I proceed, so I usually need a few minutes.

And my favorite....

- That time after an event or meeting ends and stragglers hang around to talk – yeah, I know this is the perfect time to make more plans, connect with new people, and get involved with future projects, but I really really really hate this. I’m probably already checking my phone in my car before you have even picked up your purse.
Post a Comment