Saturday, August 09, 2014

Updated Pictures of My Garden


This is the first year I have had a vegetable garden at my house.  I didn't get it planted and growing until early in June so everything is still kind of small.  I also vastly underestimated the amount of space the garden would take up.  Despite those two things I am having a really fun time learning and enjoying some home grown food.

Some of the first things we've been able to eat out of the garden have been lettuce and cucumbers. How good is lettuce in your salad and on your BLT when it comes straight from garden to plate!  


The cucumber plant has gotten so huge it is taking over everything.



The green beans and the peas are growing well but they are far from being ready to harvest.





We are really looking forward to enjoying some jalapeƱos, tomatoes, green peppers, and carrots!



I'm not sure what will happen with the corn but it just seems right to have at least a few stalks growing near the garden.

I am already making plans for next year's garden.  There are so many things I want to try and different foods I want to grow!

Post a Comment