27 Things I'm Thankful For This Thanksgiving


Today is the day we focus on thankfulness. Here's 27 things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving Day, November 27.

1. That I am foreknown, predestined, called, justified and glorified by God, through Jesus Christ.
2. That I am not who I used to be, and that I am in the process of becoming someone even greater.
3. For my amazing wife who loves me despite my imperfections, who never quits on me, and who calls forth the greater man inside me.
4. For my three children, who are filled with passion, conviction, love, energy and I pray, God's Spirit.
5. For the steps I have taken towards greater physical health, including the loss of weight and the completion of two 5K races this year (Jesse James and Turkey Trot - both in Northfield.)
6. That I have a job I enjoy, co-workers I like being around and a company culture that allows me to pursue my interests to help the company grow.
7. For a boss that loves Jesus and talks about him openly.
8. For a small group of friends who are journeying life together and encouraging one another towards godliness and commitment to His Word.
9. For memories made in 2014 like coaching Andrew's baseball, going to Jacob's baseball tournaments, watching Izzy play volleyball, a Wisconsin Dells trip, time at my parent's cabin, and many more experiences.
10. That I am healthy.
11. For all the ways God has met our needs this year in big and little ways, known and unknown, in just the right time, in ways we could have never expected.
12. For family-in-law who love our children and bestow on them all sorts of blessings.
13. For a church that believes in the truth and authority of the Bible and encourages people to read it, submit to it and apply it to their lives.
14. For the opportunities I had to preach and teach in Blaine, Monticello, Waseca, Northfield and Menomonie. 
15. That I have a warm house, plenty of clothes, cars that work, and more physical goods that I need.
16. That I am learning about and experiencing what happens when you eat natural food and how good it makes your body function and feel.
17. For my wife who works so hard at mothering, teaching, coaching, serving, being a friend, being a wife, and giving her life away to others in so many ways.
18. For good coffee!
19. That I had multiple special experiences this year with Jacob including MN Boy's Hockey Tournament, 5th grade ELC trip and Mitchell, SD hunting trip.
20. For friends who have blessed me in so many ways giving away their time, resources, knowledge and goods in order to make my life better.
21. For the garden I grew in my yard.
22. For personal experiences I had learning about maple syrup and honey, helping build a mobile chicken coop, riding in a combine, pheasant hunting, cutting off a raccoon tail, and helping track and field dress a buck.
23. That I have kind neighbors who are fun to hang out and who enrich my life.
24. That my sister and brother-in-law were able to move back to Minnesota and that I'll have a much closer seat watching my little nephew grow up.
25. For brothers who love my family and my kids, and who give generously where there is need to make sure their nephews and niece have everything they need.
26. For the clear ways God broke into my life and worked all things together for my good.
27. For my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave His life for me, paying the penalty I should have paid but never could, in order that I might attain the life he had and which I was made for.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest