Friday, January 09, 2015

No Change, No Change.

Read this last night. Great applications for sports, health, business, church and other life ventures.

"All of us, from elite athletes and teams to weekend warriors, can become stuck in our ways and thinking, and we can find ourselves falling behind competitors who are more nimble, more willing to experiment, and more comfortable with pushing boundaries."

- Faster, Higher, Strong by Mark McClusky

Ironically I was part of a lunch conversation yesterday where this very thing was being discussed. We were talking about the importance of growing our business by being willing to experience change. Our CEO was talking about how critical it is to try new things, evaluate their effectiveness and then make adjustments as necessary. He challenged those of us at the table to be temporarily uncomfortable for the sake of improvement, efficiency, optimization and growth.

It is a pretty common saying which goes, "Keep going what you are doing and you'll keep getting the results you've gotten." Can't really argue with that can you. If I don't want to be the same tomorrow as I am today I had better do something different today than I was doing yesterday.

Are you tracking with that?

I made a decision in August 2014 that I wasn't going to keep gaining weight and wrecking my body. I didn't like the way I looked or the clothes size I was needing to wear. So I made a decision to make a change. Actually I made some big changes. I changed my exercise, my diet, my outlook, and my inputs. Now I'm changing my sleep habits.

It has been tough. I've had to make sacrifices. But I am a very different person today than I was then.

What boundaries do you need to get comfortable with pushing through today? What experiments do you need to undergo? How can you make your thinking and living more nimble and less stuck in a rut?
Post a Comment